Thursday, February 26, 2009

Marks Her Territory!

So, last night we went to a beginner's dance class where we learned a couple of dance moves to go with the basic waltz steps. I learned how to spin Alexandra and how to do the balance step. We also learned how to rotate, but that is kind of natural for me now because I learned it in the rumba. So the class only consisted of 4 of us; Alexandra and me and then another guy and gal. I thought they were a couple at first, but then I realized that they were not, he was married, but his wife was out of town.

From the start I was doing much better than the other guy, which made me feel good. I still don't see myself as a "good" dancer because its kind of out of my element. I started out dancing with Alexandra, but the girls had to keep switching partners. After I danced with the other girl for the rotating move, she danced with Jeff, the instructor, to help show the next move. While she was dancing with him she kept making awkward eye contact with me, A LOT. Alexandra noticed this and immediately took charge by holding my hand, touching my arm, and brushing things out of my eyelashes. It was funny and cute. I am hers and she is mine and I love that and it will be that way for ever and ever. I love you sweetie!

1 comment: