Thursday, February 12, 2009

Late for Work

Aww, what a beautiful day, the sun is shining and the temp is around 70F and I am on "swings" shift so I dont have to be to work 'til 3 pm (1500 for you military folk) So why not roll the motorcycle out of the garage and wash it up real nice...and then I'm going to ride it to work, because the weather is the best it's been in awhile.  So its now 2:15 so i get set to go, got my military ID in my riding jacket, lunch, and cover.  So, I pull up to the guarded gate on base, and pull out my ID and the guard asks for my "abc" card.  I am confused...apparently starting on Feb 1st a new motorcycle rule is in effect,  and base access is denied to anyone without this card.  It should be wasy to attain, however it is now 2:30 and I need to go back home and get my truck, because I dont have time to mess with this ID business.  So I haul butt back home and then haul booty back to work and scan in on time, but make it to quarters late.  I walk in while quarters is happening and assume I will be questioned by a lot of people about my late arrival, but not a soul asks.  Oh well, life goes on.

1 comment: