Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm On A Boat

Well I have reported to my boat. Haven't done a lot so far, got the grand tour of the cramped spaces and had lunch on board. The crew's mess is a pretty small place as well. So far all I have really done is meet some people and begin the "check-in" process. When I got on this morning the topside watch was like, hold on who are you? and then another guy came up through the hatch and said hey Lippy! and then he told the topside watch I was good to go, just a new guy. I'm not 100% sure who that was, meeting so many new people I have a hard time keeping faces and names together. The crew doesn't have a problem, because they see the same faces everyday and then a new guy shows up, not hard to remember one new guy at a time. The adventure is just beginning. Now I just need to GET QUALIFIED and break out of my shell...haha.

I MISS YOU ALEXANDRA and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

oh and tonight I also purchased my honey's flight to come visit me! we are both very excited about this! My lead ELT told me I should be able to get the weekend free to be with her, probably not the weekdays though, and he also reminded me that nothing is "FOR SURE" in the Navy, well except maybe deployments...unfortunately lol. Alexandra and I are well aware that nothing is ever for sure, so we always plan for the worst and are thrilled when we get anything better than that.

I LOVE YOU ALEXANDRA and I MISS YOU SO MUCH!

P.S. I love and miss you too Mom, Dad, and family!

2 comments:

  1. it is very exciting. I was so proud of your positive attitude yesterday keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too-exciting adventures are ahead for you-it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete