Sunday, July 19, 2009

Saturday Duty


Yesterday was my first Saturday duty day. I knew it was gonna suck, since its a saturday and I have to work, however I thought it might be nice, because people won't be too busy and I should be able to get lots and lots of checkouts. Turns out it wasn't busy, but I didn't get a whole lot of checkouts during the day because all the qualified useful bodies were reading, watching movies, playing xbox, or on watch "busy". So I studied quite a bit, but got tired of that in a hurry. Actually the morning wasn't so bad because I got to do ELT stuff and then go on a lunch food run to subway. Then for dinner I went on a food run to taco bell. I made sure to give people pretty good change so that I wouldn't be like someone else on my boat who doesn't give change...

Then I found out I would be standing my U/I watch from 2030-2330. I got quite a few checkouts during it, so that made me happy. Although I almost missed watch completely because after dinner I was sick of studying and knew that by the time my watch came around I was going to be tired so I got in the rack to rest and read a book. I put my name on the wakeup sheet for 2000 just in case. I fell asleep and no one woke me up. I woke up on my own at 2018 and got out of the rack to stand my watch. Back to bed at 2330 and reveille at 0500. Then I did some ELT stuff and went to church.

I LOVE YOU ALEXANDRA!
I MISS YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. i thought working on saturday was your dream saturday

    ReplyDelete