Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stupid Clock Games

So, if you haven't listened to Dane Cook's bit about being late for work you need to listen to it. It kind of happened to me this morning. I pushed the snooze button a few too many times and at 0530 I had no more alarms go off. and...I fell asleep. I woke up real slowly, rolled over to look at the clock, and I was thinking, "Didn't I already wake up, I should be showered, shaved and eating breakfast." My eyes starting focusing and I could see (**15) on the clock. "uh-oh please be 0515...oh but please don't be 0715..." my eyes finished focusing...0615! thats usually when I'm walking out the door. I jumped out of bed threw on my uniform and jacket, grabbed my lunch...crap...I need to shave! ran to bathroom, shaved FAST, somehow I didn't cut myself. Got in my truck and drove to work. Made it to Quarters at 0656...it starts at 7. Well I would have been to Quarters on time except I couldn't find my crew, turns out quarters started early because they gt called in because the crew on shift couldn't fix chemistry to get it in specification. In the end it didnt matter, except that I missed breakfast, only got a vitamin...and I also didnt get to drink any coffee and had urinalysis. So I had to chug water, chug water, chug water, til I could finally pee. I got exactly 45ml which is the minimum requirement!

this whole experience reminds me of a Dane Cook bit. Check out this animated version of it on youtube, click here.

1 comment: